August 24, 2009

Little Sisters

I have two brothers who I swear can't possibly be related to me. I also have two sisters who are not related to me, and yet I relate to them much better than humans. Yes, I'm talking about my cats, what my mom calls the little sisters I never had. Technically, in cat years they're way older than me (like early thirties/late twenties-ish) but they're three years old. They are biologically related, but hardly look it, and don't act it at all. They are siblings, and part Siamese, I think.

Sally is small. She looks a lot like a tortie-point Siamese, but not lithe, just small and kinda thin. She is fluffy, and has HUGE eyes. She looks like she never grew out of kittenhood. If she enjoyed snuggling, she'd be absolutely awesome. I mean, she is just SO fluffy! Aside from that, she is a genious. She figures all sorts of things out for herself, and doesn't like being taught by humans. She can open drawers and cabinets, sometimes open doors (but she's really too small) and learned how to go through cat flaps by just observing another cat a couple of times. She is shy, but brave when it comes to exploring the outdoors. She often doesn't back away from dogs.

Sapphire is the opposite. She is a large, slightly fat cat with shiny sleek fur, like deer fur but softer and with a downy under layer. She looks like a sealpoint Siamese, but she is also like a snowshoe. She has a white spot on her forehead, and white paws, and she is rather stocky for a Siamese. She loves learning tricks. I not only showed her how to climb up and down ladders and come when called, but she will also sit, beg, and high-five...for a price. She will not perform unless given food. She loves laying in the sun and just being lazy. She is really a true house cat. She doesn't like going outside that much, but on some days she'd kill to escape the house. She follows me around, and we enjoy each other's company.

I relate to cats much more than I relate to people. Well, I do think I'm an otherkin, so that's not that surprising. I'll explain otherkin probably tomorrow. It's getting late here.

No comments:

Post a Comment