August 25, 2009

Mini Hard Drives

So since I haven't backed up lately, I decided to get it over with today. Right now I'm waiting for files to move. Well, I have three mini-hard drives. Two are the portable "jump drives" or "thumb drives". One is 1 gig, the other has FREAKING 16 GIGABYTES!!! AWESOME!!! Okay, calm down. The other I have is 360 gigs, but it's not so portable, and I use it to back up my stuff. Occasionally I back this up to my mom's big hard drive that's like 500 or a terabyte or something.

Well guess what I noticed about my precious little one-gig...it's been keeping secrets from me. By the looks of it, when I delete something it just moves it to a different, hidden folder. I had never lookd through the hidden folders until now, and there's one called "Trashes" that seems to keep all my deleted stuff until it's written over. So I went and deleted all of the stuff out of there after making sure I had backed up all that before. Which is a good thing since I found some files I wanted to move to my new laptop. But it was really annoying that it keeps all this stuff for practically no reason. I mean, someone else might accidentally delete something, but I'm very careful about what I delete. If I delete something, I know it's either backed up somewhere else or I really don't need it, which renders this feature unnecessary and VERY irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment