August 29, 2009

Explanations

I suppose I owe a lot of explanations.

Peace out - there is a kid at school who calls me a hippie. On the first day of school I wore a "All you need is love" shirt with a peace sign just to annoy him. Also on my yearbook he wrote "sup hippie chik" last year. And also last year I had a sign in my binder that said "CAUTION HIPPIES" with an EB0 hippie sprite, and yet he called me a hippie.

Otherkin - this will take a lot of explaining so be prepared.

So a couple of years ago some friends of mine were having precognitions (seeing the future) so I did some research and found Psipog.net, a website about psionics, which is basically stuff you'd call psychic, but it's NOTHING like you'd expect. It's hard, especially at first when you have no sensitivity to energy. Even when you do, it's hard to tell what you're doing. Basically, psionics is convincing your subconsious to move energy to accomplish something. I no longer do much psionics, but I use it to make constructs (a piece of energy that has a certain function, like heating a spot or curing a headache) when I need to do something like cure a headache, simple stuff like that. Really, it could be used for almost anything. Some people can move huge objects without touching them (telekinesis is NOT one of my strong points, I can't move a paperclip) or "read minds" (telepathy is hard for me too, but I did talk to Sally once). No matter what, NEVER EVER get the misconception that it's as easy as movies and books say. It takes hard work and patience, and a lot of dedication, which is why I have trouble keeping interested, since I'm often busy.

So anyways, an otherkin is someone whose energy system (or aura, life force, whatever) has been sort of imprinted with stronger traits, changing their personality. It's not necessarily intentional. I think my obsession with cats as a small child and then getting cats who became my closest friends caused parts of cat-ness to copy onto me, but it's just a theory. All I know is that I have cat-like traits: I've always been a loner, but close to my family and friends; I'm shy; I value my sleep; I prefer the dark; my eyes adjust to the dark very quickly; I'm careful about self defense/react quickly; and I have sensitive ears. There are others, but that's the main stuff. People who consider themselves vampires but are not actually either energy vampires or blood-drinking vampires are often otherkin.

Now, the last thing to explain is what I told Emily. Well..... I told her about psionics. She called me a freak and didn't talk to me for months. She had been my best friend since preschool, and this hurt me. Even now, almost a year later, I'm hurt deep inside. I would probably prefer if she had never switched schools in kindergarten and I could've forgotten her then. I'd be less hurt. Since I don't show much emotion, nobody expects me to hurt, but when I really get hurt, it's like getting slashed in the side, and it takes a long time to heal, and then remains a scar for even longer.

I don't want to talk about this any more. If I post about it, it's because I'm trying to recover from it, but don't be surprised if I never mention it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment