September 15, 2009

March Odyssey=Porky's Theme?

So in band, we got some new music: "2001: A March Odyssey". It's kinda easy, but since my flute has something wrong with it it gets kinda tricky at times. Here's an mp3(but it's a demo so be prepared for weirdness):

http://www.barnhouse.com/samples/mp3/011-3024-00.mp3

Well you can't hear it as well in this recording, but the flute part (in the first third or so, which is about half the mp3) sounds unmistakably like Porky's Theme with a funky rythm and switched around a little, and then it resembles part of Unfounded Revenge. It's kinda different, but there certainly are similarities. This mp3 cuts off the ending, though, but there's not much special about the ending anyways. At some point I want to record the flute part on the piano somehow (I don't think I have the right cables at the moment, and my music's at school anyways) and put an mp3 up here so it can be heard more clearly. Maybe this weekend I'll find some way to hook my computer up to the piano, because I bring my music home each weekend so I could record it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment