September 06, 2009

Memories of Earthbound

The only time I've completed EB so far was an enjoyable time for me. I remember these three days when I was sick with a really bad cold, so I would go into my mom's room where the FC Twin is set up and play Earthbound. I had a box of tissues next to me, and a very fluffy blanket. Sometimes I'd lay on my stomach, sometimes I'd sit up. I would blow my nose whenever the stuffiness came back (often to the point where I could hardly breathe) and collect a pile of damp used tissues in front of me. When I had a huge mass of tissues, I'd get up and throw them away. I remember I got sick at the beginning of the weekend, and ended up still being really sick on monday so I stayed home from school and got another day of laying on the bed playing EB.

Why did I bring this up? I'm sick again. Not as bad this time, but yesterday morning and also the day before my throat was killing me, and now it's mostly better, but I have a very stuffy nose. It also probably didn't help that yesterday I spent an hour or two outside helping my mom build a fence for the dog/keeping the dog away while my mom worked. She wanted me to help some more, but at that point I was so tired from running around keeping track of the dog and getting cut on chicken wire that I just had to go inside. And when I went inside, my nose unfroze, and I had a very runny nose for a while, which then turned into the stuffy nose I've had to deal with since then.

Speaking of playing videogames while sick, I'd be playing Mother 3 except my saved data got messed up somehow and somehow I lost like half an hour of saves. So instead I've been playing Ecco II only instead of playing it on the Genesis I've been playing it on my new Dingoo because I don't like going to the playroom when my brothers are there and also the sound quality (something very important to me) is better through any of my headphones or speakers than the old TV that, while it doesn't distort to the color of old games at all (a huge plus) the sound is rather cruddy, so if I use it for older games I'll probably hook up my own headphones.

I skipped my least two levels with a cheat code yay for me peace out nonexistant readers and kittehs of teh world

No comments:

Post a Comment